Monday, February 11, 2013

Crock Post Roast Beef

*Please be advised that I took these photos as I was going along in the process... I have made a few notes here and there of things I have changed and will make sure to take updated pictures the next time I make this.

Crock Pot Roast Beef

Here is what you will need:


1 package of onion soup
1 package of brown gravy
1 medium onion
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
**I did not like the carrots in the sauce, it gave it too much of a carrot taste and I pulled them half way through cooking so please disregard those.



Oh yeah, you'll need one of these too - a 2-3 lb chuck roast.
I rubbed pepper, salt, garlic powder & paprika all over mine.

Now on to the cooking...


Brown the chuck up in a pan for just a minute or so on each side.


Chop your onion and place in the bottom of the crock pot.




Mix together 1 cup of water with the onion mix, gravy mix, and Worcestershire sauce.
These mixes can be strong so I generally only use about 2/3 of the packages.
(I know the picture doesn't show the right amount of water, I took the pic too soon)

Add the meat and poor the mixture all over
Remember I took out the carrots so ignore those orange things.

Cook on low for 7-8 hours depending on how "done" you like yours. If you cook it longer that's fine, mine actually cooks about 10 hours because it cooks while we are working.

Then enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you'd have to say.